Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dare to CARE

This year I am using the theme "Dare to Care". I am encouraging my students to focus on five principals of caring.

1.) Help people in need
2.) Think about people's feelings
3.) Never be mean or hurtful
4.) Think about how your actions will affect others
5.) Do caring things

Today the kids brainstormed class/school rules on a graphic organizer. They did this individually. We then took their rules and sorted them into the 5 Dare to Care categories. The students did this with a team and then we completed a class chart. I was amazed at how well they did with this activity. After we completed the Dare to Care chart my class did their first act of kindness "Mission Possible". We made welcome back cards for the staff. We then did a school tour to deliver the cards. We even talked about how to deliver the cards and use kind words such as, "Welcome back to Moonlight. Have a great year!"

This is the individual brainstorms they did on class rules.

This is the graphic organizer they used in teams to sort their rules

Our Class Chart

I created one to hang in our classroom so we can use it all year.









No comments:

Post a Comment